AAP/NJ & PCORE Employment Opportunities
Director, New Jersey Immunization Network (NJIN)
The New Jersey Pediatric Council on Research & Education (PCORE), the quality improvement arm of the American Academy of Pediatrics /New Jersey Chapter (AAP/NJ)
has an immediate opening for a part time (20-25 hours per week) position as Program Director of the New Jersey Immunization Network (NJIN).
NJIN is a statewide coalition committed to advancing immunization rates throughout the State by providing healthcare providers, the public, and policy makers with the most current scientifically-sound information pertaining to the importance of safely immunizing infants, children, adolescents, and adults throughout New Jersey.
NJIN is seeking a director who will work in tandem with the Department of Health (DOH), all divisions working on immunization related issues, and yet independently organize community involvement in immunization issues. The Director will serve as a liaison between NJIN and DOH to promote immunizations and work towards the goals of reducing and eliminating vaccine preventable diseases for all New Jersey citizens. This Director will work closely with NJIN Co-Chairs and officers, NJIN Steering Committee, and Work Groups. A solid functioning coalition under the leadership of the Director will enable NJIN to improve the effectiveness of New Jersey’s efforts to increase immunization coverage and assist communities statewide with the planning and implementation of their own immunization networks and programs.
Responsibilities of the Director:
- Work collaboratively with the NJIN Team to plan logistics (oversee and provide guidance to program manager who will send meeting notices, take minutes, coordinate with venue, prepare packets/materials, refreshments, maintenance of a membership database/files, etc…)
- NJIN Director works in coordination with the Director for the NJPCORE Immunization Initiative focusing on educational outreach efforts, and he/she will co-supervise program staff
- Coordinate with Co-Chairs, AAP/NJ & New Jersey American Academy of Family Physicians (NJAAFP) Executive Directors, and membership to develop meeting agendas; facilitate meetings of the NJIN as well as meetings and teleconferences for NJIN committees and workgroups.
- Work with the NJIN workgroup, chairpersons, and staff to:
- Work with NJIN Team to maintain and continue to strengthen infrastructure for NJIN (determine ongoing operating expenses for sustainability)
- Help recruit and maintain membership
- Assist in maintaining the NJIN member database
- Take lead in preparing applications to secure funding to support the operation and projects of the NJIN as appropriate
- Check in with committee chairs to ensure the workgroups are progressing in alignment with NJIN and the DOH plans , help with planning and implementing immunization outreach and education projects
- Provide guidance and leadership in the planning and executing of the annual New Jersey Vaccines for Children Conference (VFC) (Participate on VFC Planning Committee).
- Co-Facilitate with NJIN Co-Chairs and officers, the development of a Strategic Plan for the NJIN that corresponds with National and NJ DOH, Vaccine Preventable Disease Program (VPDP) and Infectious Disease Immunization goals and objectives
- Oversee communications and marketing related to NJIN to ensure website is updated and membership recruitment and retention is ongoing
- Attend the Annual National and State Immunization Conferences and other related meetings (providing funding is available)
- Assist Co-lead agencies (AAP/NJ & NJAFP) in preparing and presenting budgets and reports of NJIN activities
- Collaborate with Essex Metro Immunization Coalition (EMIC) and any other regional coalitions and stakeholders to facilitate education, outreach, and public relations for state and national immunization observances such as National Infant Immunization Week, Child Health Month, Adult Health Week, etc.
- Other as requested
- Master’s degree preferred in health or a related field and at least 3-5 years of experience as director of health or community health education with focus in pediatric health issues.
- Experience in grant writing, administration and working as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience in planning and/or conducting continuing medical education opportunities and outreach
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent written, interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills a must
- Computer skills
- Ability to travel occasionally and adjust schedule for occasional evening meetings
AAP/NJ & NJPCORE are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity.
Salary comparable with experience
For additional information or to express interest please send resume or CV to email@example.com, with the subject line “NJIN”, Attn: Fran Gallagher, MEd, Executive Director, AAP/NJ Chapter & NJ PCORE.
Pediatric Positions in NJ - Member Benefit!
This job board is provided as a resource for use by pediatric practices searching for practitioners and candidates searching for pediatric positions in New Jersey.
Information is provided by practices or candidates. All further inquiries and/or verifications regarding candidates or practices must be transmitted directly to the provider of the information using the contact information as listed.
AAP NJ reserves all rights to monitor and remove any information placed on this resource, as well as to discontinue this service at any time. This resource is provided by AAP NJ and does not constitute the work or endorsement of the national American Academy of Pediatrics.
Chapter members, to have your job description/posting uploaded to this site, please email Cortney Mott, Marketing & Event Manager
New Jersey Employment Opportunities
April 19, 2013
1.) Pediatric Emergency Medicine - Instructor / Assistant/Professor - RWJUH
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School is seeking to add an additional faculty member to the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. The successful candidate will join 11 other faculty members in activities relating to duties of Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
The position is based in the state of the art Pediatric Emergency Department of Bristol- Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital, a Level 1 Trauma Center, the only Pediatric Trauma Center in the state, and the major teaching affiliate of the medical school. The 24 hours a day service at the Bristol- Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital provides care to a rapidly growing, diverse university community. Responsibilities will include patient care in the Emergency Department as well as all activities consistent with the appropriate job description. Faculty are expected to participate in the educational endeavors of the division, and will have free time to engage in academic activities.
Letters of interest, including curriculum vitae, should be sent to Ernest Leva, M.D., Director, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, UMDNJ-RWJMS, One Robert Wood Johnson Place, P.O. Box 19, New Brunswick, NJ 08903-0019.
Telephone: (732) 235-7893. Fax: (732) 235-7345. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . UMDNJ is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
2.) Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine -Instructor / Assistant Professor
The Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine Division is recruiting a faculty member at the rank of Instructor / Assistant Professor to join the division. The successful candidate will be part of the section of Express Care medicine and hired on a part time basis of
50% FTE. The major responsibilities will include patient care, as well as teaching/mentoring residents and medical students who are assigned to the Emergency Department. Additional responsibilities, as decided by the director, could include working with clinical staff to improve patient services and satisfaction, patient flow, and policies. As an academic member of the department, the successful candidate is expected to be included in noon conference presentations, case conferences, and grand rounds attendance. Participation on Divisional, Hospital, and Medical School Committees is recommended. Educational opportunities are offered and are expected to be attended as are the monthly business meetings. The candidates must be board eligible or board certified in General Pediatrics.
Letters of interest, including curriculum vitae, should be sent to Ernest Leva, M.D., Director, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, UMDNJ-RWJMS, One Robert Wood Johnson Place, P.O. Box 19, New Brunswick, NJ 08903-0019. Telephone: (732) 235-7893. Fax: (732) 235-7345. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . UMDNJ is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
April 10, 2013
Instructor / Assistant Professor - The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School is recruiting a BC/BE General Pediatric hospitalist/nocturnal faculty member at the rank of Instructor / Assistant Professor in the General Pediatrics Division. This 0.50FTE position will provide patient care at Somerset Medical Center. Responsibilities will include consultation to ED and routine newborn and pediatric care 5 weeknights a month as well as 2 full weekend shifts a month.
Additional responsibilities, as decided by the director, could include working with clinical staff to improve patient services and satisfaction, patient flow, and policies.
Letters of interest, including curriculum vitae, should be sent to Dalya Chefitz, M.D., Chief, Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, UMDNJ-RWJMS, One Robert Wood Johnson Place, P.O. Box 19, MEB 348, New Brunswick, NJ 08903-0019. Telephone: (732) 235-7044. Fax: (732) 235-9340. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. UMDNJ is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
March 22, 2013
Advocare, LLC (“Advocare”) is a physician-owned fully integrated medical group founded in 1998 by John M. Tedeschi, MD, one of the nation’s most respected pediatricians. • Our name Advocare is defined by our commitment to our patient’s health. We provide high quality, cost-effective healthcare with a personal, caring touch that focuses on the health, safety and well-being of the communities Advocare serves. Our doctors are committed to offering each patient their experience, clinical expertise, and a true love for the practice of medicine.
Full Time Pediatrician Needed – Advocare South Jersey Pediatrics, a busy, well established pediatric practice located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, is looking for a Full Time pediatrician. Located minutes from Philadelphia. Competitive salary and benefits offered. Please send your CV attention John B. Tedeschi, MD to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: (609)543-0466. Please visit our website for more information about our practice www.advocaresjp.com
March 1, 2013
Central New Jersey. Immediate opening position for a full time/part time pediatrician. Pleasant colleagues and office staff to work with. We offer a highly competitive salary, benefit package and productivity bonuses. Please submit CV to email@example.com or fax 732.458.8866.
January 3, 2013
1) Part-time position available for board-certified pediatrician for coverage in a solo practice in central New Jersey. Provider will work alternate Saturdays, one night and one half weekday. Position is flexible based on productivity and salary is hourly. Per diem or locum tenens also acceptable.
Fax resume to 732-940-0530
2) An established Pediatric practice in business for more than 25 years , with offices in Somerset & Hillsborough, New Jersey urgently looking for a full-time Pediatrician BC/BE. Competitive salary with generous incentive plan and health benefits. Buy-in option to join practice available after one year of service. If interested, please send your resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org .This is an immediate requirement. We are an EOE and encourage diversity at workplace.
November 15, 2012
Kinder Pediatric Urgent Care Center, opening up a new location in Central New Jersey, is looking for full-time and part-time Pediatrician or Pediatric ER Physicians to join their Team. The desired candidate should have significant clinical experience in pediatric medicine. The Physician would provide leadership for a very successful and growing pediatric urgent care practice.
- Hours are flexible 10 to 40 hours per week (1-5 shifts a week in the evenings and alternate weekends).
- Pay is competitive and will include bonus compensation plans
- We offer no on-call responsibility
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Full Healthcare Benefits
- Start Date: January 2013
Note: Also looking for a Medical Director with leadership experience as well.
- MD/DO Board-Certified in Pediatrics OR Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- New Jersey Medical License
- Completed Pediatric Residency
- Hospital Privileges are NOT Required
Please email email@example.com your cover letter and curriculum vitae.